Dedicated Estate Administration During A Difficult Time
Settling an estate is a complicated and sensitive endeavor, and it is typically done during an extremely difficult time. Our knowledge of the processes and requirements involved allow us to help you through the process so you can focus on more important things related to your loss. We provide the attention to detail that is needed to ensure things go the way they should.
When settling an estate, it is essential to have an attorney with extensive knowledge of state and federal tax laws as well as the Florida Probate Code. Legacy Planning Law Group has the experience needed to bring organization and attention to detail into the situation so that you can have greater peace of mind knowing that everything is being handled.
We commonly perform the following services for our clients during the estate settlement process:
- Identify, collect, and value the assets so accounts can be prepared
- Gather and organize the information needed for probate court filings
- Prepare and file federal and state tax forms
- Prepare and file the estate’s income tax returns
- Distribute the deceased’s assets according to their will or revocable trust (if one exists)
- Accurately document the process for the estate’s beneficiaries
- Advise beneficiaries of the option to disclaim assets either in whole or in part, and provide analysis of the tax benefits of any disclaimer
If you would like to speak with an attorney about administration for your estate, please contact us by phone or email.